forum index
Obecny czas: 19 Lip 2018, 19:28

Wszystkie czasy w strefie UTC + 1 godzina (czas letni)

Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 
Autor Wiadomość
 Temat postu: Boedker ends power play drought as Sharks get by St. Louis
PostWysłany: 13 Mar 2018, 10:59 
Bronze
Bronze

Dołączenie: 07 Lis 2017, 10:13
There wasn’t a wild celebration when Sharks forward Mikkel Boedker scored a power play goal late in the third period of Thursday’s game with the St. Louis Blues.

as Boedker skated to the bench seconds after he ended the Sharks’ longest-ever power play drought,Instead,Authentic Joe Pavelski jersey, he flashed more of a wry, knowing smile.

as the Sharks earned a workmanlike 2-0 win over the Blues for their third victory in four games.,Boedker’s goal with the man advantage with 7:48 to go in regulation time was also the game-winner

There wasn’t a wild celebration when Sharks forward Mikkel Boedker scored a power play goal late in the third period of Thursday’s game with the St. Louis Blues.

as Boedker skated to the bench seconds after he ended the Sharks’ longest-ever power play drought,adidas Joe Thornton jersey,Instead, he flashed more of a wry, knowing smile.

as the Sharks earned a workmanlike 2-0 win over the Blues for their third victory in four games.,Boedker’s goal with the man advantage with 7:48 to go in regulation time was also the game-winner

Sharks coach Pete DeBoer moved Kevin Labanc to the top unit with Logan Couture,Starting with Wednesday’s practice, Brent Burns, Joe Pavelski and Evander Kane.

Donskoi,The second unit had Hertl, Boedker, Timo Meier and Marc-Edouard Vlasic.

“It’s nice to get the streak out of the way,” DeBoer said of the power play drought. “I thought we had a couple real good looks earlier in the first. I felt confident that it was going to come. I didn’t feel it was irreparably broken at any point during the streak, but it’s nice to get one.”

Thursday’s game represented another opportunity for the Sharks on their homestand to solidify their playoff footing against a team that’s been struggling of late.

The Blues entered the game with just one win in their last nine games. They entered Feb. 11 alone in third place in the Central Division with 71 points, and came into Thursday in sixth place with 75 points, still just two points back of the second wild card spot in the Western Conference.

and are coming off of a 4-2 loss to Columbus on Sunday.,The Sharks started their homestand with lopsided wins over also-rans Edmonton and Chicago to get to 79 points

“It wasn’t an easy game,” DeBoer said. “I thought St. Louis battled hard. (Blues goalie Jake Allen) made some big saves. What I liked was our resiliency. We stuck with it, didn’t try to force it and knew that if we stayed with it long enough that it would come and eventually we were rewarded.”

and managed two shots on goal with Blues defenseman Vince Dunn in the penalty box for hooking early in the second period.,The Sharks had one opportunity with the man advantage in the first two periods Thursday

Boedker may have had the Sharks’ best chance to score in the second period. With the teams at even strength, a loose puck came out to him right in front of the Blues’ crease, but he wasn’t able to get a decent shot away. A rebound try by Hertl was stopped .

you think the puck is coming my way tonight and you just have to stick with it. When the chance like the one on the power play came along,adidas Joe Pavelski jersey,“I didn’t see it come out until the last second, and it kind of scooted just left of the net,” Boedker said. “So, when you get those, you just have to make sure you finish.”

Forward Melker Karlsson was scratched from Thursday’s game. Karlsson did not practice either Tuesday or Wednesday. Marcus Sorensen took Karlsson’s spot on the fourth line alongside center Eric Fehr and winger Barclay Goodrow.

but Husso was not able to get to Thursday’s game in time. Hence,Carter Hutton suffered a neck injury Thursday morning,adidas Kris Letang jersey, so the Blues signed Palo Alto native Ben Wexler to serve as the emergency backup goalie. Wexler, 23, played three years for the University of Illinois from 2014-2017. The Blues also recalled goaltender Ville Husso from the San Antonio Rampage of the under emergency conditions, Wexler was brought in.

Jonathan Cheechoo has retired from hockey after playing seven NHL seasons and finishing with four years in Russia's Kontinental Hockey League.

including 2005-06 when he won the Rocket Richard Trophy for leading the league with 56 goals.,adidas Jake Guentzel jersey,Cheechoo announced his retirement through the San Jose Sharks on Tuesday. He played six seasons with the Sharks

37,Cheechoo, is a member of the Cree First Nations and grew up more than 500 miles north of Toronto in Moose Factory,adidas Matt Murray jersey, Ontario. He played 501 regular-season and 59 playoff games with the Sharks and Ottawa Senators. He had 170 goals and 135 assists for 305 points in his career and will be recognized by the Sharks on March 24 when they host the Calgary Flames.

Sharks general manager Doug Wilson said in a news release that Cheechoo "completed a remarkable journey from one of North America's remote locations to an elite National Hockey League player."

Cheechoo retires eighth on San Jose's career scoring list and sixth in goals. His nine hat tricks are still the most in franchise history.

"Actually, I have a hoodie and like a jacket. Ulf Dahlen, I remember,Authentic Patrick Marleau jersey, it's fun story," Ovechkin told The Washington Post in 2016. "One of my teammates back then wear the hat with a shark, so I have a hat, and we were like,adidas Patrick Marleau jersey, ‘What is it?' Because we don't know the team. He said it's the team over in San Jose, my dad gave me a jersey of Ulf Dahlen. It was on my wall. That was kind of fun."

according to The Post's Isabelle Khurshudyan. Growing up in Russia,The jersey's still sits on the wall in his family's country home, Ovechkin's experience watching the NHL was largely limited to store-bought highlight tapes. He idolized players like Sergei Fedorov and Mario Lemieux, but he told Graham Bensinger in a 2015 interview that he had a special affinity for a former Sharks captain.

he can score goals,"Of course, Authentic Joe Thornton jersey,my favorite player was Owen Nolan, who played in San Jose," Ovechkin said. "He was physical, and he was a great leader."

arguably the best power forward of the modern era and one of the best goal-scorers of all time,That sure sounds the way Ovechkin, plays. The 32-year-old is in the midst of a renaissance season, hitting the 40-goal mark for the ninth time in his career, tied for the fourth-most all-time.

Ovechkin is nearing another major milestone, sitting just two goals shy of becoming the 20th player in league history to score 600 goals. With four more, he can pass Jari Kurri for 19th all-time.

He'll have his latest shot at history in his 10th trip to San Jose Saturday afternoon, when his Capitals wrap up a three-game, California road trip against his favorite NHL team from childhood.

Expecting him to pass Kurri in the matinee would be a stretch, but the former is certainly possible against the NHL team he grew up rooting for. He's been fairly prolific against the Sharks (eight goals in 17 games), and scored in his last game against San Jose on Dec. 4.

as well as the Capitals,But the Sharks have largely limited Ovechkin, in his previous nine appearances Center. He's only scored two goals there,Authentic Kris Letang jersey, none in his last five trips, while San Jose's not lost to Washington at home in regulation since 1993.

and the good news for Ovechkin's pursuit of history,The bad news for the Sharks,Authentic Jake Guentzel jersey, is that he may be due. He's only scored on about six percent of his 33 shots, compared to a career average of 12.4 percent on 4825 shots. Ovechkin's also recorded multiple shots on goal in each of those games, and it's difficult to imagine him remaining out of the goal column

Ovechkin's surely going to reach the 600-goal mark this season. The milestone's special enough on its own,Authentic Matt Murray jersey,Whether he scores twice against the Sharks or not on Saturday, but there would be something fitting about Ovechkin reaching it against his boyhood NHL team, and in the building where his favorite player dazzled fans for parts of seven seasons.

Wyświetl posty z poprzednich:  Sortuj według  
Napisz nowy temat Odpowiedz  [ 1 post ] 

Kto jest na forum

Użytkownicy przeglądający to forum: Brak zarejestrowanych użytkowników oraz 2 gości